On Saturday, Feb 21, several hundred volunteers converged on Pease Park to plant the first 100 trees for Pease. It took a village to get them purchased, placed, planted and irrigated! We’d like to thank the following for all of their hard work:
• Richard Craig, who formed Trees for Pease, raised the bulk of the funds (nearly $20,000 to date) for irrigation, the landscape plan and some of the trees. Our thanks to the Old Enfield Neighborhood Association, who donated $1500 for some of the trees planted Saturday. Richard also supplied coffee, breakfast tacos and snacks for the volunteers who arrived early.
• Jill Nokes for assistance with selection, placement, planting and much more.
• Our thanks to Geo Growers who donated planting mix, to PSP Landscape, who carefully hauled and installed three big tooth maples and to the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Dept, especially, the Forestry group, who brought truckloads of dillo dirt, mulch, purchased the trees, hauled and place them. Thanks to Brack Green who coordinated hauling and placement efforts and Emily King who ordered the trees.
• Our great irrigators at Avery’s Landscape – especially Richard, who got the bubbler irrigation working on Sat afternoon in record time, despite a break or two.
• TreeFolks, who’s board members (Marcus, Colleen, Carlene) did demo tree plantings and assisted folks in planting their trees.
• Council members Leffingwell and Martinez as well as Council Candidate Riley who planted a tree.
• Members of the Friends of the Forest (Eyeore’s B-day) who came in the afternoon and continued the work started on Feb 14, installing more check logs, spreading dillo and mulch on the hillside.
We appreciate all of your hard work.