Earth Day may be on April 22nd, but we are celebrating for the entire month of April with volunteer events and giveback days! Check out the following ways to help APF celebrate Earth Day.
- East Williamson Creek: Come out on April 20th from 10AM to 1PM to help maintain the developing trail. RSVP and learn more here.
- Check out our GivePulse page for all of our volunteer events!
4/8 Statesman Cap10K
As the beneficiary of the 41st running of this iconic race, your race registration will support our parks! We are also recruiting volunteers for the aid station at mile 1 and to hand out medals at the finish line, so there are plenty of ways to give back to mother earth on race day!
4/19 Whole Foods Market Giveback
We are partnering with Whole Foods Market for another give back! On April 19th, 5% of sales from all 5 Whole Foods Austin locations will go toward Austin Parks Foundation and The Trail Foundation. Come shop for a cause, and stop by the Domain or Downtown locations to score some APF and TTF freebies.
4/20 Austin Give 5
In honor of Earth Day, participating local businesses dedicate 5% of their profits on April 20th to nine local non profits, including APF. Check out the full list here.
And back by popular demand – APF’s CEO, Colin Wallis, and the CEO of Hill Country Conservancy, George Cofer will again be touring these businesses on two wheels! Please feel free to join in on the ride, or just meet them at the stop(s) of your choice.
- Breakfast: 7:30am at Galaxy Cafe Triangle
- Coffee: 9:45am at Anderson’s Coffee on W. 38th
- Shop Stop: 10:30am at Bike Sport Shop on Guadalupe and 32nd St.
- Snack Time: 11:15am at Cornucopia on Red River
- Lunch: 12pm at Royal Blue Grocery on E. 6th
- Shop Stop: 2:00pm at Book People and Whole Earth Provisions on S. Lamar
- Hydrate: 3:00pm at Juiceland on Barton Springs Rd.
- Shop Stop: 4pm at Kendra Scott, The Herb Bar, Birds, Limbo, STAG, Service Menswear, Amy’s Ice Cream and Prima Dora on South Congress
- Dinner: 5:30pm at Guerro’s Taco Bar on South Congress
4/22 Soul-full Sunday
Not your ordinary Sunday Funday! Join yoga instructor Lizzie Aguirre on April 22nd at 11am at Native Hostel and come together for a morning filled with intention, laughter, yoga and live music. Stay after for mindful cocktails from Juice Society and a nourishing brunch with the Native. Join us for free with the option to donate what feels good to Austin Parks Foundation for Earth Day. Those who donate get GUARANTEED entrance! Limited spots available, reserve your spot now on eventbrite, or see more details on facebook.