On July 9, Austin City Manager Spencer Cronk released the city’s proposed FY 2022 budget. While several investments in parks infrastructure were included, there are still many priorities that will not receive funding without your continued advocacy.
A summary of items that were, and were not, included is outlined below. You can also check out our updated asks to council here, be sure to reference these when speaking to your council members!
FY 2022 Budget Requests
- Millennium Youth Entertainment Complex Roof and HVAC Replacements
- $750,000 – One-time (FY22 Allocation)
- $750,000 – One-time (APF Ask)
- Dottie Jordan Recreation Center Restroom Rehabilitation and Accessibility Improvements
- $250,000 – One-time (FY22 Allocation)
- $350,000 – One-time (APF Ask)
- Ballfield Maintenance
- Preston/Weber/Reader Field Ballfield Light Replacement – $450,000 (FY22 Allocation)
- $400,000 (APF Ask)
- Court Resurfacing Projects
- Austin High Tennis Center Court Resurfacing – $65,000 (FY22 Allocation)
- $100,00 – Onetime (APF Ask)
- School Park Equipment and Furnishing Replacements and Court Resurfacing
- $50,000 – One-time (FY22 Allocation)
- $60,000 – One-time (APF Ask)
City Council will begin meeting in-person again starting this Thursday, July 22. The public will be allowed to express their opinions during this meeting in-person or remotely by telephone. We encourage you to sign up to speak on behalf of our parks! Find out how to register here.
If you are not able to join during one of the public hearings you can also call or email your council member (find out who your council member is here) to let them know you support increased parks funding.
You are an integral part of our advocacy efforts, so thank you for your continued support!