Parks for Pups
Off-leash Areas in austin, tx:
Looking for an outdoor space for you and dog to roam free? Check out these off-leash dog areas in parks across Austin!
Off-leash City Ordinances
While in off-leash dog areas, please observe these rules:
- Dogs must be within sight and sound control of Owners/handlers at all times
- Dogs in heat are not allowed in off-leash areas
- Rabies vaccinations are required for all dogs as required by State Law
- Owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs and deposit waste into a trash can
- Aggressive dogs must be removed from public spaces immediately
On-leash City Ordinances
The City of Austin enforces ordinances related to the tethering of dogs within City limits:
Except in public areas where restraint of a dog is not required (off-leash dog parks), an owner or handler of a dog shall keep the dog under restraint. A person holding a dog on a leash or lead shall keep the dog under control at all times. Click below to learn more about the City of Austin's on-leash rules!
Austin Parks Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to partnering with the Austin community to enhance people’s lives by making Austin's parks better through volunteerism, innovative programming, advocacy, and financial support.