Austin Parks Foundation envisions a community in which the lives of all people are enriched through access to well-maintained public parks, trails and green spaces. Our core values are collaboration, dependability, inclusiveness, innovation, nimbleness and positivity. These guide our decision making and define our internal culture. These values shape what matters to us how we work with each other and our community.
Interested in joining our team? Check out open positions below.
Austin Parks Foundation (APF) is dedicated to partnering with our community to enhance people’s lives by making our public parks, trails and green spaces better through volunteerism, innovative programming, advocacy and financial support. A non-profit established in 1992, APF fills the city’s funding and resource gap needed to develop, maintain and enhance the area’s 300+ parks, trails and green spaces.
We value collaboration, innovation, dependability and inclusiveness. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Come join us!
About Our Intern Program
APF hires interns in various departments each semester. If you are interested in joining our team, see below for more details!
What kinds of internships does APF offer?
Our goal is to provide a fun and educational work environment while giving real world work experience. In the past we have offered internships in Programs/Community Outreach, Marketing, Development, Events and Operations. Every semester our needs are different so the internships we offer are different.
When does APF post internships and how long do they last?
- Spring Internships - posted around October 15th, lasts approximately 12 weeks starting early February
- Summer Internships - posted around April 1st, lasts approximately 9 weeks starting mid-June
- Fall Internships - around June 15th, lasts approximately 12 weeks starting early September
We offer paid semester-long internships in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Internships typically start a week after classes start and end the week before finals.
What are the Physical Demands and Work Environment?
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations - may be required to move event materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- Work environment is typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations - work is done largely in-office
- Required to work some evenings/weekends
What is the Compensation for Summer 2019 Internships?
Interns are compensated at $10.00/hr. (paid bi-weekly) for a total of 20 hours per week for ~9 weeks (June through August). College credit is highly encouraged and available upon school approval.
What is the Fall 2019 Internship Timeline?
- July 15: Student application deadline
- August 1: Selection deadline
- September 9: Internship commences
- December 6: Internship ends
Can this count for school credit?
Yes! Contact your school directly to find out how to have your internship count towards school credit.