Become an Ambassador
What Is An Austin Parks Foundation Ambassador?
Ambassadors are trained volunteers who act as representatives for APF. Our Ambassador program provides a unique and meaningful volunteer experience, allowing residents to play a pivotal role in strengthening our city’s parks. As an ambassador, you will:
- Expand APF’s capacity to participate in community events across the city
- Allow us to address needs, and invest appropriate resources, in diverse communities
- Increase awareness about Austin Parks Foundation and the resources we offer
- Assist APF in recruiting more volunteers throughout Austin and Travis County
What are the Requirements?
Our eligibility requirements help us ensure that volunteers can successfully represent APF. Eligible ambassadors need to:
- Have interest in helping strengthen Austin’s park system
- Be 18 or older
- Have reliable transportation and ability to bring outreach supplies to events
- Commit to participation in a minimum of four outreach/tabling events per year
- Agree to a one year minimum commitment
- Complete our online application and training process
What are the Benefits?
Because APF requires a deeper level of commitment from ambassadors, and to show our gratitude for your involvement, every ambassador will receive:
- Unique APF merchandise
- Networking and educational opportunities unavailable to general volunteers
- Leadership development
- Advance invitations to volunteer at APF-related events, including Party for the Parks, Austin City Limits Music Festival and more
- Volunteer appreciation events like APF happy hours
Apply to Become An APF Ambassador
Ambassador applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Simply fill out the form below and our staff will be in touch with any further questions. Thank you for your interest!
Meet Our Wonderful APF Ambassadors
Have questions about the program, requirements or application? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.