Movies in the Park
Movies in the Park
Austin Parks Foundation's Movies in the Park is a free series of films in partnership with Rocket Cinema. For over 10 years, APF has brought movies to neighborhood parks across Austin ensuring Austinites of all backgrounds have access to free outdoor entertainment.
- Local food trucks on-site at all events
- No alcohol, styrofoam or glass allowed
- Smoking prohibited
- Pets on leash welcome
- Blankets and chairs allowed
- Personal food allowed
- Movies begin at dusk
Upcoming Movies in the Park
We're visiting parks all over Austin to bring you our FREE Movies in the Park series. Be sure to sign up for our e-news, and RSVP to the Facebook events to get the latest Movies in the Park updates. We'll see you there!
What If It Rains?
If there's inclement weather, no need to fret! We will schedule rain dates for each movie just in case.
A: Most of our movies are located in neighborhood parks and parking can be limited. Check out the Know Before You Go post in the Facebook event on the afternoon before the movie for details. We highly encourage one of these alternate transportation methods:
- Bike - Ride your own bicycle to the park or use Austin B-cycle when stations are within walking distance. Make sure your bicycle is equipped with lights as it is required by law, and it will be dark on your ride home. To find the safest bike route, please visit the City’s bike website or find a hike/bike trail.
- Public Transport - If you use public transportation, please refer to the CapMetro website for cost info and bus/train routes.
- Ride Sharing - Consider carpooling or use RideAustin and round-up to support APF!
A: We always make an effort to protect wet and muddy grounds and work closely with the Parks & recreation Department, and park adoption groups, to make a determination about whether the movie will go forward as early as we can on the morning of the event.
The best places to get updates on weather calls are the individual Facebook event pages, which you can find by clicking on the events tab on our Facebook page.
We appreciate your patience as we try to make the best call for all involved.
A: If you want your company’s name and logo in front of thousands of park lovers, contact email@example.com to learn more about our sponsor packages.
A: We select our movie locations in partnership with park adopters and the Special Events Office at PARD at the beginning of each year, and once the schedule is set, we aren’t able add movies. However, you can always emails us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know where you’d like to see us host a movie, and we’ll consider it for future seasons.
Sponsor a Movie in the Park
Companies looking for broad community visibility, especially among family and outdoor audiences, will benefit from year-round sponsorship recognition. Click here to learn about sponsorship opportunities. Sponsors may choose to do an on-site pre-event activation and distribute branded materials to participants.