Neighborhood Grants are awarded for small-scale, community-initiated park improvement projects. Grants from $500 to $5,000 are awarded regularly throughout the year, on a rolling basis, with a grant period of six months. These awards are meant to enable Adopt-A-Park groups to make small but significant improvements to their parks throughout the year. Check out our Community and Impact Grants for larger projects.
Potential applicants should attend a grants info session before applying. When you are ready to apply, please click the button below to access the application.
To download a paper template of the application, click here. Use the template for planning purposes only and submit answers to the form above when ready.
A: Preference will be given to projects that:
- encourage community participation at the park
- give the community a sense of ownership of & commitment to the park
- fill a need not otherwise being met in the neighborhood
- reach a diverse user group and encourage positive use of the park
- have broad community support
- help improve parks that haven't recently received funding from APF, especially in historically underserved areas of town
- include a strong community matching component, including volunteer labor
A: All groups who have adopted their park through the Adopt-A-Park program are welcome to apply.
A: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed once a month. All grant applicants are encouraged to attend a Grant Info session before applying. Please check our calendar page for upcoming dates, or schedule a time to discuss your proposed project and the APF grants program with APF staff by writing to email@example.com.
All proposed projects on city-owned parkland must have an approved Community-Activated Park Project form on file with the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department.