Parks for Pups
TOXIC BACTERIA IN LADY BIRD LAKE
A dangerous "blue green algae" growing in Lady Bird Lake is posing a threat to dogs. It is recommended to keep your dogs out of the water until further notice! Click here to learn more.
Click On Any Park Above for Additional Details
Off-leash City Ordinances
While in off-leash areas, please observe these rules:
- Dogs must be within sight and sound control of Owners/handlers at all times
- Dogs in heat are not allowed in off-leash areas
- Rabies vaccinations are required for all dogs as required by State Law
- Owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs and deposit waste into a trash can
- Aggressive dogs must be removed from public spaces immediately
On-leash City Ordinances
The City of Austin enforces ordinances related to the tethering of dogs within City limits:
Except in public areas where restraint of a dog is not required (off-leash dog parks), an owner or handler of a dog shall keep the dog under restraint. A person holding a dog on a leash or lead shall keep the dog under control at all times. Click below to learn more about the City of Austin's on-leash rules!
Helping Maintain & Improve Austin's Parks, Trails & Green Spaces
Austin Parks Foundation
People + Parks Since 1992
Austin Parks Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to partnering with the Austin community to enhance people’s lives by making Austin's parks better through volunteerism, innovative programming, advocacy, and financial support.
Austin Parks Foundation Featured Projects
Donate to the Parks