As the anchor of our ACL Music Festival Grants Program, Community Grants are intended for large, community-initiated park improvement projects that fall between $5,000 to $50,000. Check out our Impact Grant for larger projects, or our Neighborhood Grants for smaller projects. These grants are offered twice a year with a grant period of 12 months, and are awarded through a competitive process.
Potential applicants should attend a grants info session before applying. When you are ready to apply, please click the button below to access the application.
To download a paper template of the application, click here. Use the template for planning purposes only and submit answers to the form above when ready.
A: Preference will be given to projects that
- Encourage community participation at the park
- Give the community a sense of ownership of & commitment to the park
- Fill a need not otherwise being met in the neighborhood
- Reach a diverse user group and encourage positive use of the park
- Have broad community support
- Help improve parks that haven't recently received funding from APF, especially in historically underserved areas of town
- Include a strong matching component, including volunteer labor, in-kind contributions, and a substantial cash match from new/recent fundraising
A: All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a grants information class prior to applying (check our calendar page for upcoming sessions), or schedule a time to discuss your proposed project and the APF grants program with APF staff by writing to email@example.com.
Applications are accepted April 30 and September 30 each year. APF staff is available to pre-screen applications one month in advance of the deadlines. All proposed projects on city-owned parkland must have an approved Community-Activated Park Project form on file with the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department.